Monday, July 16, 2012

CHIVE TALKIN'



A few years ago, I "accidentally" made chive butter. I had it at my favorite steakhouse before. But never conceived making it myself. One day, I had a bunch of extra chives in the fridge. I used some for a recipe and  dreaded the idea of throwing the rest away. I always have "real" butter on hand, so I decided to try the steakhouse recipe myself. 



All you'll need is: 

1/4 pound (1 stick) unsalted butter - room temperature
1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
1/4 teaspoon Kosher or Sea salt (or to taste) 
Minced garlic (optional)

Gently mash all ingredients until evenly blended. Spoon the butter in the center of parchment paper. Roll the parchment around the butter, keeping the ends tight. Roll into a uniform log. Refrigerate until ready to use. 






No comments:

Post a Comment